lørdag 1. mars 2014

Nåmihådai

My mom has been getting worried about me being lonely here in Japansville. Not so! Ho nope not so at all! I am seriously getting to know so many people. Wowzerz.I just tend to post a lot of selfies and pictures with only me in them because I a) am a total self loving egocentric diva and b) don't want to plaster anyone's face on the internet without their consent.

However, to prove that I'm not a total loner, here is a post featuring other people!
Kanpai!
You see, there is this thing called "izakaya". It's like if a brown pub and an eatery had a delicious bastard baby. I like izakaya.

At izakaya, you can get yakitori, and other nice things. Also, nomihoudai.

We just keep ordering drinks, and they just kee arriving!
Learn the word. Nomihoudai. For two hours, you can drink as much as you can handle (and admittedly it sometimes becomes a little bit more). You also have to order some eaties, which is not something I've ever had a problem with. The food is usually really yummy!

Rakel-chan facing a dilemma: She has three drinks,
but only one mouth. What to do?
The price of this extravagant exploit? About the same as one point five good beers in Norway.

If you want to, you can also do tabehoudai. All you can eat. How Japanese people stay skinny defeats my powers of comprehension.



Fair warning though: Yakitori uses all parts of the bird. And they really
mean all. The food in this picture is actually fried chicken bone cartilage.
Which is why it hasn't been eaten yet. In two words:
not yum















Sake selfie.
(Also, don't ever do what I'm doing to the sake jar. Super rude.)
Then, after getting yourself nice and dizzy, what could be better than a trip to the arcade?
They have a drum game. I friggin' love the drum game!

"Lost on the island of tropics". 


Obligatory bathroom mirror selfie











Fail.
Then off to "Dark Room" to play pool. Or play on the pool table. Whatever.




But wait! The next day I went to a dorm party! In the kitchen of the place I stayed for a while.

There's some quality international integration going on right here (even though admittedly half the people in this picture are swiss...)
Rakel made a beer tower.


This is a good beer tower.



Also, that is not the peace sign she's making. It's the Brittish sign for "fuck off you twat". I sure have learned a lot about how to be rude all over the world!

The Two Towers
And then we went to another izakaya and had another round of nomihoudai. Yipes. My liver hates me!

Old-school sake cup is awsome!
And then this food appeared:


Can you guess what it is?


 

Umeboshi.

2 kommentarer: