lørdag 22. mars 2014

Another field trip!

Friday was another National Holiday, so we went on another field trip. This time, to Itoshima, a small (and I mean -small-. I didn't see a single vending machine!) hamlet about an hour from Fukuoka.


Naaaaaatuuuuuureeeeee!
Objective? Cooking of Japanese food. In groups, we went to someone's house to cook their recipies. After the bus ride, we still had to climb a short way to get to said house, and hot damn you guys I had no idea how much I missed nature!

Nah-tuh-reh!
The house we went to was an awsome place. A large, quite old, traditional style Japanese house shared by seven people from all over Japan, living here to live closer to nature than what city life would alow (from what I understood. There wasn't a lot of English going around, and you should all know by know that I don't actually speak Japanese).




Even the washbasin in the toilet was pretty!






Sitting in a tatami room looking out into a beautiful garden. But hey, city life has convenience stores and strip clubs, so who needs this shit.
(Imma move here instead, I think. Tokyo won't miss me.)

We had a vegan in our group, so the food was accordingly non-meaty. Our dishes? Miso soup and onigiri (rice balls filled with filling). All the ingredients were locally sourced and AWSOME DELICIOUS! YEAH!

Edible nature!
This was our recipie:

Yes, I can read that. No, I didn't know all the words.
And the hiragana-savvy among you might already be pointing and laughing in my direction. Because what would be the filling for the onigiri if not my old enemy,
Uuuuuuumebooooooshiiiiiiiiii
This is how you make umeboshi onigiri:

You make an onigiri.

You add the umeboshi.

Like so:
And then HIDE THE UMEBOSHI SO THAT THE POOR UNSUSPECTING SOUL BITING IN TO THE RICE BALL WILL GET A MOUTHFULL OF THE STUFF BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO RUN!!!

Like so:

Look at the thing I made!
It's so cute! :D
We made lots of rice balls:
You can see the filling because we are
talentless louts.
Also, spoiler alert: Making miso soup is actually really, really simple.


You add all the things and then heat it up. No really, that's pretty much it. It's almost as simple as Fårikål.

There were two groups cooking in this house, the others made rice-stuffed tofu yum out in the back yard.




Got all the food out back there and ATE IT!
Yuh-yum.
Also, I don't think I've ever in my life had a meal this healthy. Nor ever will again. Greasy meat is almost as magnetic to me as my futon on a school morning.
Eventually, we walked back to the bus place along the idyllic country roads.

Tangerines were growing everywhere.

I had to try to immitate one.

All the groups presented their food, and then we went to the OCEAN!

And it was so BIG! Very un-fjord-like!
We, naturally, immediately threw our shoes off and ran into the waves like a bunch of five-year olds.

Obligatory beach show-off shots:


I couldn't quite get it up.


















And of course we had to try to do a jumping shot. Didn't quite work though.











Went back after this, but didn't actually go home until around four. Because beer is good for you!

Also, this guy:


Anyways, did things had fun. See ya'guys later!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar