onsdag 26. februar 2014

Let's begin: Language Exchange!

"Ehhh, Hanne-san, what are you doing?!?"

Just arranging a hundred* appointments with various Language Exchange Partners through e-mail. It's a deal arranged through but not by GenkiJACS, in which they help people meet people for general swapping of linguistic competence. In this case, Japanese to/from English**.

 *five 
**unless some of them are really interested in learning Norwegian. I would be fine with that too.

I don't know these people, I don't know their language, and about half of them are complete beginners in English*. In other words, talk about leaping oshiri first out of my comfort zone! Holy cow**!

*None of the self-introductions said anything about Norwegian.
**trying to cut down on the recreational swearing, since my mom is one of my three readers***.
***Hi mom! 

However, since my comfort zone actually lies approximately 8000 kilometers and eight time zones from here anyway, I figure why not just go all in. Vague social anxiety can take the long hike back to Norway for all I'm gonna let it get in my way!

Wish me good luck!

1 kommentar: