fredag 7. februar 2014

Finally not another airport (except for FUK, a little bit)

I'm gonna let you in on a thing. It may not be something you excpected, but it is nevertheless true, and I feel that I've known you long enough now to tell you. Let it out of the proverbial bag. Because it happens, not always but sometimes, sometimes, I worry too much.

I know, I know. I always appear cool as a cucumber*, like I'm prepared for everything and still able to wing it if need be. You've surely never seen a hint of panic and terror on my face, or heard me hyperventilating wildly at the thought of a disaster such as, for example, a project nearing its deadline and not being 100% complete.

What I'm trying to say here is that the visa thing turned out to not be so much a thing at all. The literal words the papers-please-lady spoke to me were "Why you talk so much? You have no problem!". So I'm a little bit embarrased for my earlier bout of uncontrollable panic. It's might not have been entirely warranted...



So I made it to Fukuoka. The first toilet seat I encountered was just as warm and welcoming as the guy in customs control, who though it was so interesting and fun that I was from Norway. We talked at length about the winter olympics while he checked out my bag, and when he discovered my "Genki 1" introduction to Japanese it looked like he found it to be the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

But in all seriousness, if you are going to travel to Japan, come to Fukuoka off-season like I did. The airport was almost completely empty. I did not encounter a single line. The only other places I've had that happen are Værnes very early January (when there are no travellers), and Bodø (where there are no people).

I'll introduce my new home tomorrow. I'm much to knackered to do it now. Suffice to say that I have a good feeling. Ate my first ever home-cooked Japanese meal:
Consisting of udon with eggs, fried tofu and a fish-thing
But holy hell am I tired. I don't think I've actually slept more than two hours in a row since wednesday, and all in all I've only had like, three naps. I've forced myself not to curl into a little ball of snores ever since the airplane to Fukuoka, because I wanted to seve my sleep for the Japanese night time. And now the time has finally come. So good night my friend, and may you forever be blessed with high-teck toilets and immunity to jetlag and the common col,




P.S, I feel like "Norway" actually is a bit of a brand of exoticness. I've run into both this and this
and this

Makes me feel right at home, except for not at all, not actually.


*pickeled

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar