lørdag 7. juni 2014

Kyoto, ANSA Japan and Okinawan food: My slow-blogged weekend adventure continues Part 2

In more recent news, the rainy season has now started and so Tokyo has become very very wet. Everything is soggy. I really have to do my laundry (due mostly to the fact that I have no socks that do not smell like something died in them), but am faced with the somewhat daunting question of how to dry my clothes when, as it seems, the ocean and the air are trying very hard to change places.

Now, let the story from the previous post continue. Last weekend was much more eventful than this one anyways (so far today I have been hung over reading Harry Potter in bed after coming home from karaoke in Yokohama at eight in the morning. The oddly conservative train schedules here are really doing a number on my sleep rythm. But in any case, yesterdays diet of transvestites and naked Japanese young men swimming in rivers at dawn just won't make for and interesting enough blogpost (by which I mean I forgot to take pictures. Sorry.) ).

When the official-type business was taken care of, we took a nice long walk to appretiate the beautiful scenery of Kyoto.
Look at this majestic view!
Every now and then some famous sight or the other would obscure the clear view of the grey walls. Though disgrunteled, I made the best of the situation.

Smells like Kyoto.
In the evening I tried Okinwa-style food for the first time. It was ... interesting. Not bad, nope, actually quite good, but also...

Wat?
Wat?
After copious ammounts of plum wine the whole thing seemed like a bit of an adventure, and I made sure to try everything at least a little. Most of it was delicious, yet I can't say I wasn't a little bit relieved when desert showed up looking heartenlingly ordinary.

Obligatory dinner-table group shot:


And then, more futon.

Damn, but I love futons.

Now I just have one more post to make about this trip before I can move on to other things. Gawd, it's annoying being this far behind the times. Toodles.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar