onsdag 12. november 2014

Better late than never ever 3: A backlog of food-type-things

I have a real thing for Japanese sweet foods. Red beans, white beans, sugarsugarsugar rice things and green tea makes for the best combos!

It's strange to me that this does not look strange to me. Green tea, green tea shave ice, and a traditional sweet.

Japanese shave ice kicks the butt of pretty much everything and everyone.
I mean look at the size of that thing!
Basically ice with flavoured syrup and condensed milk. Delishh!
 But the white balls are slime. Not delishh! ><
Beans in dessert: Welcome to Japan!
Sometimes one of the guys in the office finds cheap avocados. He shares willingly, usually randomly, and always surprisingly.

It's like, I'm just sitting here working and then BOOM! Avocado!
Home-made okonomiyaki:
Litterally "Fry what you like". Perfect home food, because it's just whatever you have/feel like.

Restaurant okonomiyaki:
In typical Japanese fashion they basically give you the mix of inigredients and some sauce, and leave you to do the actual cooking yourself.
It is sooooo good though...
And then this:
Ehhhh.... 
It's a lot of hit-and-miss. Like, if you don't like really chewy tentacles, this is probably gonna be a miss:

I've touched upon the perhaps slightly overblown amount of wrapping things tend to get, and I feel like this just epitomizes the issue:
WHY WOULD YOU WRAP AN INDIVIDUAL BANANA THEY ARE THEIR OWN WRAPPING
On the other hand, getting a straw with your juice carton is something I will miss dearly:
This is so handy!
Sometimes I just long for something familiar. And then I remember I work at the embassy: familiar stuff all around!
Other things are also swimming around. Things like the Norwegian Seafood Council's promotional Norway Salmon sushi lollypops.
This one appeared on my desk one morning.
I find it incredibly adorable!

Unfortunately(?) it does not taste like salmon.
FYI Japanese apples can be HUGE!
LIKE THE HEAD OF A SMALL CHILD!


Oh, and then there was this:
This was a Chinese restaurant though, to be fair. One decorated with gigantic golden penises, boobs, butts, and vajayjays. It was a strange, strange place.

For more strange, strange things*, tune in tomorrow for Better late than never ever 4: Birthday girl
*This is a lie. Tomorrow's post is pretty boring.

Or you could navigate back to part 2. You know. If that's more your thing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar