fredag 15. august 2014

I've moved (again again)

HAH! A post!

For the fifth (and, I hope, last) time since coming to Japan, I've moved into a new apartment. And this time I think I've hit... well, not the jackpot. But I'm pretty damn pleased anyway.

It actually happened on Wednesday and Thursday, because I decided a day of overlap would be a good thing. So yup, for 24 hours I actually had two rooms in Tokyo. Pretty cool!

Since I might have indulged in the ocasional stuff-byuing I can no longer carry all my belongings at once, so I knew I'd have to make two trips.

The first round. Pretty much everything I own except some shoes and other misc that
wouldn't fit. In retrospect I probably could have distributed the weight better.
This first load was waaaaaay heavier than the second....
I AM SMART!
It was a very manual kind of moving. As in, I carried all my stuff on the train.


It was a little awkward.

Hello.
Especially when it started raining on my second trip. Thankfully that second load also included my umbrella.

Guess what I don't have any pictures of that. I dare you to try to balance a suitcase, a backpack, a pillow in a plastic bag, an office dustbin that just wouldn't fit in any carrying-aid that at this point you're seriously considering using as a hat and an umbrella that you're holding way far back because your computer is in that backpack and it is more important than your hairstyle or whatever AND THEN take a selfie. Seriously, try it. I didn't, because I'm just lazy that way.

First impression: Wall flowers. Also, the pocket om my bag is strangely adorable
in this picture.
Suffice to say that I was a little relieved (and a lot tired) when I finally finished hauling to my new home. I was also rocking a bit of a throat infection at the time. Add a low fever to the rant above and imagine how you'd feel.

Now I know, I know. I asked for help, and then I never even bothered publicising my choice.

Well, I'm sure everyone has been shitting nails waiting for my big reveal, so here goes:

After more or less unanimous advice, and also after listening to my own gut instinct, I decided to go for Number 1. I'm glad I did. Even though the room is about half the size of my previous crib and yet more expensive. Even though we're six ladies sharing one bathroom and one laundry machine. Even though my air conditioner is a bit leaky (edit: fixed). It's super cosy, and Location. Oh GAWD, the LOCATION!

It's like I'm finally actually living in Tokyo!
Look at that! LOOK!

Nine, NINE, NIIIINE!! train stations within a fifteen minute walk radius, one of which is literally the otaku heart of the world. Direct line to work, no transfers! I can eat at a different cheap joint every night of the week without walking for two minutes. I can run to Ueno park or a riverside park for a free scenic workout on the weekends. When I realized I wanted a new towel I WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO THE TOWEL SHOP AND BOUGHT ONE.

TOWEL SHOP.

PWN.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar