søndag 20. juli 2014

I need advice, and it's urgent

My Hunt for a new Home has been narrowed down to two options, and I need to decide ASAP.

Like, today.

The decision is the classic Location vs Standard. 

Number 1: The urban hidey-hole

A small room in an old-ish small share-house in an extremely convenient location.

  • Cool, interestingly shaped room on the top floor (4th or 5th, I think) with a wide window-sill (wide enough for sitting, which I love).
  • Full carpet floor, which I don't really like. But I could live with it.
  • 6 people share house, company policy is no dudes allowed (not even male visitors! If you have men helping you move your furniture they seriously asked that you call in advance!!)
  • Cute little shared kitchen, cute little retro-style shared living area with a couple of cute little couches and a television. When I came in on my visit a lady was watching Frozen.
  • Cute little shared bathroom. 
  • 3min walk to subway station, and no transfers to get to work! Seriously, you have no idea what kind of extravagant luxury that is, especially when your job is in inaccesible-yet-ridiculously-expensive Hiro-o.
  • Really close to supermarket, convenience store, drug store, restaurants, izakaya, cafes etc...
  • Seriously, the location is fantastic. About half-way between Tokyo station and Akihabara, which means walking distance to both. Quite close to a riverside park, or if I get bored of sumida river I could just walk the other way to the really, really big public access part of the imperial gardens. With the nearby train connections I could easily get to anywhere in Tokyo within 40 minutes to an hour.
  • The house itself is in a back-alley type place, so it seems very quiet. No real view.
  • Kindof expensive.


Number 2: The Industrial Luxury Palace

Okay, it's not really a palace. But it is a large scale share house with a lot of luxurious features. Only problem is, it's not even really technically in Tokyo.
  • Giant 50 person share house extravaganza
  • Large, square, totally ordinary room comes with complimentary fridge for my beer.
  • Common area made to be like a cafe/bar looks really cool and cosy and includes a drink mixer. Apparently the bar alcohol stash is a shared responsability: use freely, but replace. Since this is Japan, I actually think that arrangment will work, too.
  • Said cafe offers FREE COFFEE AND FRESH PASTRIES IN THE MORNING!
  • Rooftop tanning beds and general open-air lounge.
  • Lounge for reading and whatnot. Pouffes in stead of sofas are a turn-off.
  • A Japanese-style tatami dining room with veranda-garden.
  • Giant industrial-like kitchen with professional appliances.
  • A small fitness room
  • A MUSIC ROOM. With an electronic DRUM SET and a PIANO. Dude, that shit is like me in a box!
  • The whole thing has a kind of institution-like air though. Racks and racks of shoe-boxes, toilets in stalls and shared bathrooms (not mixed).
  • The location is terrible. Miyazakidai is half an hour from Shibuya in the direction of Yokohama, and I'll need at least 40 minutes and three transfers to get to work. めんどくさいよ!
  • I want to go anywhere in Tokyo I have to add inter-city travel to the initial distance to Shibuya. Not very accessible at all.
  • I also don't think the area itself has much to offer in terms of shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc. In other words, it's kind of boring.
  • In spite of all the perks, this place is a bit cheaper than the other one. Location really does count for a lot!
Both places have cleaning staff taking care of the common areas. Sweeeeeet I hate cleaning! xD

PLEASE HELP ME decide! If I want the first one I have to sign the contract really really soon. I've seen those places go off the market superfast, so I need to grab it.


I'm dying here! 0.o

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar