torsdag 25. september 2014

Japanese food: Not Sushi - Homestyle!

There is a very cool lady at the office. She is a tea ceremony instructor, and loves to share her culture with the rest of us bumbling baffoonish bampots from the High North.

Some time ago, she invited me and another guest over for Saturday lunch and tea and other nice things, which was very nice.

Look at us all posey!
She taught us to make rice balls (even though I kinda sorta did it before). Hands + water + salt + rice -> ball-shape -> poke hole -> stuff filling + optional cover hole + optional seaweed wrapping

I am actually an onigiri tsukuru natural talent. Just fyi.
THEY ARE ADORABLE. I AM PRIDE.

Can you see the umeboshi poking out of the front one? :3


We cooked up a lavishly healthy traditional-style lunch, consisting of whole grilled river fish, sweet potato miso soup, the aforementioned rice balls, and a butt-ton of vegetables.

Healthy health.
After eating we had tea ceremony in their tea ceremony room (awsome!) and my feet fell off even though I had a cheat-cushion for my bum.
I mean, this position is nice-looking and stuff. But I swear, after 15 minutes the
only thing convincing me that I still have legs is the clear visual evidence.

This does not help as much as it should!
My consolation price was that I got the best next-day left-overz brekkie ever. Which I ate sitting. On a sofa.

Yum!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar