mandag 27. januar 2014

Vis-à-vis a visa ce'est la visa synger på samme gamle VISA

As the first episode of "Han-Silly does things for which she feels woefully inadequate and underqualified" (I believe it will be the first of many), I am now writing emails to embassies*. Specifically, the Japanese embassy in South Korea.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a Norwegian citizen, and I'm going to be attending the University of Tokyo as an exchange student for the 2014 summer term. Before I start there, I will be doing a seven week language course. Unfortunatelly, I have realized that my Certificate of Eligibility will not be ready by the time I leave Norway, so for the language course I will enter Japan under the short-term visa exemption arrangement. I will then have to apply for my College Student visa after my initial arrival. I am wondering if I could do so from your embassy. If so, would I need to plan for more than a one-day trip to Korea? Would you need any documents other than the following: 


  • Passport
  • One visa application form 
  • One photograph 
  • Certificate of Eligibility - the original and one copy

Thank you for your help. 

Sincerely,
Hanne Siri Amdahl Heglum

Whoppa Gangnam Style!

*I actually corrected** a very large ammount of embassy emails during a particularly gruesome part of my position as official language nazi for ISFiT, but they did not really concern me personally, and I had absolutely nothing to do with their contents, so it is so totally not the same thing.
**re-wrote***
***wrote, kinda****
****I'm arrogant sometimes, okay?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar